School Motto: ‘Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid’. We depend on each other: Nurture and look out for one another. Realise our actions and words affect others.
The foundation stone of Clooney N.S was laid in the year 1900 and it opened its door to pupils on the 18th February. In recent years the school has acquired a new extension. The school has four classrooms, a resource room and has converted the original two classrooms into a general purpose hall. The blessing of this extension took place on May 20th 2009 by Bishop Willie Walsh. Since then the school has continued to flourish now having four classroom teachers, a resource teacher, part-secretary and caretaker. Increased numbers of children now benefit from new modern facilities which include interactive whiteboards and iPads in each classroom. The children are also involved in extra-curricular activities including hurling, football, camogie, swimming, athletics, music and chess. They also get involved in fundraising for various charities including CF, Daffodil Day, Team Hope Christmas Shoebox appeal and other worthy causes as they occur.